Recognize the symptoms of Chikungunya is something that everyone should know to treat in time this disease estimated that it has already affected a 0.05% of the population of El Salvador, both in cases that have been reported in people not come to health facilities.
People who have already suffered the Chikungunya will surely know very well the symptoms that have felt for several days, and also recognize having no respective care collapsible is again the virus, which is transmitted by the bites of mosquitoes infected with the virus.
This virus is mainly presented as a high fever. Of infected people who are most affected are children under one year and people of the third age.
Symptoms of Chikungunya
- Severe pain in the joints, mainly in knees; affecting in this way that the person can walk normally.
- High fever which may reach 40 degrees temperature (40 ° C or 104 ° F) and can last between two and three days.
- Intense muscle aches.
- Symptoms may occur at the beginning of nausea or even vomiting.
- Skin rash, red spots or points of purple which can cause itching.
- Inflammation in the joints, especially knees and hands.
Fatigue without sense, that requires you to take bed.
- Partial loss of the sense of taste.
- Photophobia or intolerance to light, by which the patient prefers living in dark places.