Chocobanos is very easy, even they can do at home to sell and they are quite sought after by those who want to taste them, though they can also prepare for special events at home as birthday and give them to the guests.
In other countries they are known as chocobananas, although here in El Salvador we know them commonly with the name chocobananos, which are nothing more than bananas, or bananas covered with chocolate, and kids that much love.
The preparation of chocobananos may take a few hours, since it is necessary to freeze them. On this occasion we want to present you the way how to do chocobananos, so you can prepare them at home and taste them in family.
- 6 bananas or ripe bananas
- 1 package of chocolate for chocobananos, you can find in any supermarket.
- 12 wooden sticks, also found in supermarkets.
- Remove peel the bananas and place a toothpick in the part where have I cut them, to seize them.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler; i.e. put a pot of water to the fire and on it put another smaller with the chocolate pot, until it melts.
- Cover the frozen chocolate bananas.
- If you want also you can add above the chocolate coating: chopped peanuts, shredded coconut, or sprinkles of candy colors.
- They may be consumed at the time or they can be frozen over to taste them.
- Instead of bananas you can use frozen watermelon, it is what we call chocosandias.
- You can also add other fruits such as grapes, strawberries, bananas, bits of mango, etc and use long sticks, and fill them in chocolate. These are known under the name of fruit skewers.