The Salvadoran torrejas are a typical dish that can not miss during Easter week, although they can be prepared in any time of the year that you want it to taste its excellent taste. Note also that this dish is also prepared in other countries of the world, in some places are known with the name of French toast, and in others is also a tradition to prepare them at Christmas.
The elaboration of the torrejas is simply easy, but every person who prepares them gives a different taste touch, mainly torrejas recipe includes ingredients such as egg yolk, eggs and brown sugar sweet bread.
Recipe to be torrejas
Ingredients for the torrejas
- 1 cake of egg yolk, of preference of the more fresh
- 2 fresh eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour for baking
- 1 cup milk boiled with cinnamon
- Oil or margarine
Ingredients for honey
- 1 liter of water
- Cinnamon to taste
- Black pepper
- A bundle of sweet, also known as brown sugar sweet
- You must cut the bread into slices that are not very thick or very thin, and then bath milk, without leaving them soaked.
Beat the eggs, beginning with whites and when they are on the verge of nougat must add the egg yolks and the flour for baking.
- Spending a a lots of bread in the mixture, so that they are covered. Then place in a pan that should be ready with margarine or oil, to hot so they don’t stick, and taking care not to burn them.
- For honey, in a pot aside places the liter of water, cinnamon and pepper fat can be a five seed, ginger and whole sweet (no problem if it is not broken). Boil until it is about to honey, i.e. something thick.
- Finally, you just need to “bathe” the torrejas with honey and they are already ready to taste them.
The Salvadoran torrejas can be accompanied by coffee, although it recommended more do so with chilate (simple drink), the torrejas have a sweet taste.
If you wish instead of yolk bread you can use bread, although it has a different flavor and is softer so it could shatter the torrejas.